Raypak versa 405a mv

Old 06-02-12, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Raypak versa 405a mv

Hello,

I am having troubles getting my heater to fire. The pilot stays lit however, the burner will not fire unless I jump the TH terminals on the valve box. The thermopile is putting out about 380 mv at the valve box, is that enough for the system to function?

I replaced the pilot unit last season but i'm wondering if I have thermopile proporly place in the pilot flame.

I jumped the thermostat, hi limit units (2) and pressure switch today to try and isolate the problem, but that had no affect.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-12, 08:23 AM
should have 700-800 mv sounds like you might need to adjust location of generator, can test it with a torch or something.

Old 06-19-12, 01:14 PM
thanks todrut

I got the system to fire. after chasing the voltage around the safety switches, i changed out a few of the connections and it fired properly. I get about 390mv at this point and it seems to operate fine on that.

The burner output appears to be pretty low, so i pulled the burner tray and blew out any debris that was in there to make sure i had good flow. It didn't improve the output. Do you have any ideas on why i'm not getting adequate heat output? Sorry if that is too broad a question.

Thanks

Old 06-19-12, 03:51 PM
possibly orfices are clogged? Low gas pressure? Gas valve not opening properly?

Old 06-20-12, 07:27 PM
thanks again. i will clear the orfices and see if that helps. The Honeywell gas valve is new last summer. is there a way to adjust flow on that unit?