Rust in Pool

Old 10-04-12, 09:10 AM
Rust in Pool

Are there any methods of removing very small rust stains from the bottom of a Diamond Brite pool? My poolman said something about some sort of stone that I can rub on it while it still has water. Seemed far fetched but figured Id ask here first

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-12, 12:33 PM
Group Moderator
Could be he's talking about a pumice stone. I've tried that on stains before in our pool with limited success.

Amazon.com: Pumie Toilet Bowl Ring Remover #TBR-6: Home & Kitchen

Old 10-04-12, 12:44 PM
What mind you suggest instead?

Old 10-04-12, 07:32 PM
Group Moderator
Depends on the severity; there are products made for specific stains. I have yet to use any myself. If you only have a couple of spots, I would try the stone provided it won't damage the surface. You on well water by any chance?

Old 10-04-12, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator
What is the material? cement, vinyl liner, fiberglass, etc..... If cement your calcium may be off. It leaches stains.

Let us know.

Old 10-05-12, 04:37 AM
Group Moderator
Diamond Brite:

"Unlike traditional marble-based pool plaster, Diamond Brite is made with natural quartz, one of nature's hardest and purest minerals. Marble aggregates are easily dissolved by pool chemicals causing unsightly attaching and rapid deterioration. Diamond Brite's insoluble quartz aggregate is unaffected by the harshest pool chemicals and resists permanent staining, Also, the 3-M colorquartz accent colors won't rust, rub off or fade like other colored aggregate because the pigment is ceramically bonded to the quartz aggregate. Finally, state-of-the-art polymer modification of Diamond Brite's cement increases hardness, improves bonding and reduces water penetration. All this adds up to a beautiful yet durable pool finish."