Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

HotSprings spa "heat" & "power" light flashing

Old 11-23-12, 10:49 AM

This spa is a HotSpring Jetsetter (model J). I replaced the water but I forgot to flip the circuit breaker and since I replaced the water, the Power & Heat light is flashing. I ran a garden hose down the filter down pipe, thinking that there might be a air bubble. I don't know if I ran the water long enough but I stopped after 2 min. and the spa was getting over filled.I turned the power off and on, numerous times. I opened up the panel to look at the tubing to see if there are any bubbles. But since the lines are amber I couldn't tell. The circ pump is in the back with an ozone unit in front.
There are two tubings going to the pump, one with a T going to the top and one line going to the back end. I am thinking I may have to take off one line and let some water out to flush out any bubbles i don't see.
If I need to change the circ pump it looks like I need to remove the ozone pump and plumbing to get back there.
Any thoughts

So I don't know what is my next step.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-12, 02:29 PM
Group Moderator
Depending on your spa's age I'd check the filtration circulation pump. It runs 24/7 so the impeller is a wear part. When they get worn they seem to be problematic with the spa is drained. The impeller, when running is lubricated by the water but when drained it can sometimes stick. If the pump does not run water is not forced through the heater and it quickly trips the safety switch. Do you feel any water coming out where it normally does (when the main jets are not on)? Resetting the over temp switch won't help if the pump isn't circulating water as it will quickly trip again.