jacuzzi blower issue

Old 02-22-13, 07:45 PM
jacuzzi blower issue

hi, hopes you guys are well. when I turn on my to jacuzzi blower which is attached to my pool jacuzzi , i am not getting the pressure that I want out of each jet. Instead of massaging my back with a stream of water pushed from each of the jets, I simply get bubbles that float to the top. They are more annoying then helpful. This jacuzzi has 8 jets. I think this is my problem. Can I add another blower to the system to Get a better output? Do you guys have any suggestions if money is not a major issue? I just want to make it right.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-13, 04:41 AM
Group Moderator
If would help if you described more about the system you have. How is the system plumbed? What brand and size pump? Did the blower ever work properly? When did the problem start?

Old 03-02-13, 08:40 AM
attached is the info requested, and thanks again.

The pool/jacuzzi is new and this problem always existed since the pool opened. The pool company is telling me that my problem is not a problem. I think I have too many jets and not enough juice in my blower but I know lots go into these calculations.

I have a CV460/CL460 Jandy Cartridge Filter system (460ft2 filter area, 1.0gpm/ft2 flow rate, 150 gpm maximum flow rate. 2HP Pump (Jandy - Model # PHPM2.0, Rated HP x SF = Total HP = 2.25. 2" plumbing lines. My Jacuzzi is connected to the pool and the Jacuzzi has 8 jets. I have attached pics of my setup and the blower.

How can I get my Jacuzzi jets to work nicely when I turn the blower on?

Old 03-02-13, 08:44 AM
the attached pictures show my entire pool equipment setup and the blower info.

Attached Images   
Old 03-08-13, 07:22 AM
any suggestions would be appreciated. Do we think i should add another blower in series?

Old 03-08-13, 07:35 AM
When the pump is on, but the blower is off, do the jets function properly (with no air mixing with the water)?

Can you pull the blower off the pipe, and just leave the pipe open? Then if you turn the pump on, do the jets function properly, with some air being mixed in with the water.

My suspicious are one of two things. Either the jets are plumbed backwards (water going in where air is supposed to, and air where water is supposed to), or the blower is pushing too much air. Either of these would cause the symptoms you're describing.

Old 03-09-13, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the response. Rereading what i wrote, i guess i could have been more clear. Let me try again.

My jacuzzi works fine as far as operation/heat goes. i set the temperature, water comes out of all 8 jets and gets to the temperature i set it at, usually 103 degrees. I am happy with this, i usually can get a 25 degree rise quickly. My problem occurs when i turn on the blower to get forced air and water combo coming out of the jets (i want to use this feature to massge my back like my tub does in my bathroom). When i turn the blower on, instead of being a nice hard stream of air coming out of the jets, i get air bubbles that just float to the top of the jacuzzi and they do not have pressure to massage my back. can i add another blower to get more pressure, or am i on the wrong track?

Old 03-09-13, 07:35 AM
Spa jets are designed to produce what's called a venturi effect. As the water is pumped through them, there's internal "goings on", that cause a suction effect. This suction is used to pull air into the flow of the water. The jets would naturally pull in air without a blower (on most portable spas, this is how they're set up, and there's simply a valve to "throttle" the amount of air allowed in). So, this is why I asked if you could remove the blower from the pipe. Doing so would allow the jets to operate normally/naturally and they should pull in some air all by them selves. Some styles of jets can accommodate more air, that then can naturally pull in by themselves. This is where a blower comes into play. HOWEVER, if the blower pumps more air than the jet can handle, you get the exact symptoms you're describing.

The other possibility is that there was a manufacturing/assemble error when the jets were made, and they're all missing an internal part (the nozzle).