Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

salt generator issues (zodiac clearwater lm2-24)

Old 07-31-13, 10:14 PM

I'm a new pool owner. The pump and salt generator are on different electrical circuits for now, and so i turned off the pump while keeping the salt generator on to ensure i would get a "no flow" error and that the salt generator would turn off. The no flow light did not come on and gases started building in the cell. I obviously turned the pump back on to prevent something bad.
I then pulled out the blue wire to see if this triggered the "no flow" light (as it is supposed to), fortunately this worked. So based on that information, what needs repairing? My thought process is that the cell flow sensor is damaged, but this is just a guess and based solely on the fact that removing the blue wire triggers the "no flow" light appropriately. Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-13, 11:24 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

It would appear that the flow sensor has an issue and I'm not sure if it's serviceable on your unit.

Old 08-03-13, 10:00 PM
thanks

I will phone the company and see if the unit is serviceable, my gut seems to tell me it isn't as I don't see anyone talking about cell servicing for this unit online... in addition, I would hate to spend 500 for a new cell and find the problem persists.