polly pebble.

Old 08-13-13, 03:47 PM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question polly pebble.

Anyone have experience removing poly pebble from a pool deck (underneath is concrete)? Also, I'd like to replace it with tile or paver type material but I only have about 1/2" thickness to work with. Any suggestions?

Old 08-13-13, 03:59 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Is there ANY way we can convince you to keep all your similar posts in the same thread? You should be asking all your questions regarding this pool deck under this thread, please. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/br...atio-area.html

Old 08-14-13, 05:13 PM
G
Yes. I asked this under a different forum category because there was little help found under the Bricks, Masonry, Asphalt and Concrete section. Since this can also be a pool patio issue and since everyone does not read all the forum's, it would seem to me that someone might see this in the pool patio section who has had experience with this issue and who has not viewed my earlier post in the Bricks, Masonry, Asphalt and Concrete forum. Am I not figuring this correctly?

Thank you

Old 08-14-13, 05:19 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Yeah, in a way. We read all the posts for the most part, and try to give answers that will help. Sometimes we don't do as good a job as the poster thinks we should and they get frustrated. We understand. But since your other two threads are active and have had some answers, posting on another forum may be redundant and only cause confusion for those who are trying to help you.

Old 08-14-13, 07:27 PM
G
okay. I didnt see the pool patio forum before posting my original thread on Bricks, Masonry, Asphalt and Concrete. Some of the answers seemed not as familiar with pools and decks. Then I saw the pool forum and thought this might have some one with more expertise in this area. I will try to keep future posts from duplication. Thank you

Old 08-15-13, 05:03 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
I have removed a small area of the epoxy pea gravel. It's just as you'd imagine. It has to be mechanically scraped up. You can do it by hand, use a blade in a rotary hammer set to hammer or rent a power scraper.

Since you only have 1/2" height to work with you're pretty much going to have to look at tile options since most/all pavers are considerably thicker.

Old 08-15-13, 03:19 PM
G
thanks for the information.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: