pool

Old 02-22-01, 06:51 AM
Visiting Guest
Bought a home with an underground pool need some tile work done inside the pool, want to do it myself if I can. Also need to know how a heated pool works. Last summer the water was cold! Is there something I can do to get it warm? Would like to talk to someone.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-01, 10:34 PM
Memphisbelle049
Visiting Guest
Wink

It is a fairly simple "do it yourself" project on replacing your tile in the pool.
As far as heated pools are concerned, here are my feelings; I don't know what part of the country you live in, but Iam in the Midwest, utilities are pretty high out here. I have a fairly large in-ground pool, 25,000 gallons. The depth goes from 4' to 8' and I too hate cold water. Instead of spending the money on a heater, plus the extra cost of paying monthly to heat your pool, you may want to do as I do. Invest in a Solar Cover. These can be purchased fairly inexpensively, I paid appox. $80.00 for one on my size pool. This does a fantastic job of keeping your water warm. After swimming, you roll the solar cover over your pool. This keeps in the warmth from the sun beating down on your pool all day and keeps the night air from re-cooling your water. This solar blanket works so well, that there are times in the summer I have to leave the blanket off for several days, because my water temp has gotten close to 90 degrees. This is too, too warm, and that tends to decrease your chlorine level and allow bacteria to grow. It is like taking a bath when the water is that warm and not very refreshing on a hot summer day. Check into different catalogs and you can also check online with : http://www.poolside-express.com or http://www.intheswim.com. Both of these hav e solar covers available and will ship to you. Feel free to email me at: [email protected] if you would like any further advice. I have taken care of this pool for 10 years now and have experienced almost any problem you can think of.