Pool heater won't fire up

Old 06-13-14, 02:45 PM
Pool heater won't fire up

I have a Laars Lite LLG250N-C that won't stay lit. The pilot light lights with no problem, but when the burner comes on everything including the pilot shuts off. I have disconnected all the safety switches and just run a wire from the PP/TH terminal to the TH terminal and it does the same thing. The thermopile is brand new. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-14, 07:50 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

Be sure to reconnect all the safety switches when the heater is put back in service.

You need to have a good healthy pilot flame. You're going to need to check the voltage output from the pilot generator. It should be better than 750mvdc. Light the pilot and check the voltage. Allow the burner to light and watch the voltage. If it sags the gas valves won't stay open.

A link to your manual........
Parts 4 heating /v/vspfiles/images/pdfs/LiteLLGLLD.pdf

Old 06-14-14, 11:50 AM
It appears that I have about 450 mvdc from the pilot generator. When I boost it with a 1.5 V AA battery the flame stays on, so it looks as though you are right. The pilot seems to work well. Any idea how to boost the voltage from the flame generator?

Old 06-14-14, 01:36 PM
I bent the pilot so it was closer to the thermopile, got the voltage up to about 550. still does the same thing.