Intermittent Sand into the pool

Old 07-18-14, 03:23 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Intermittent Sand into the pool

I have a 22" Waterways sand filter - had to replace the Lateral & Manifolds last year due to a cracks in 2 manifolds and filter was spewing huge amount of sand into the pool continuously. Now over a month into the pools season - with the filter running 5 hrs on a timer every night, occasionally I'm seeing a small amount of sand in the pool. It is only a small amount and I've tested the filter/pump and some times when I turn it on it does spew sand with the water from the return but other times it does not. Anybody have any ideas what could be causing this? I'm praying I don't have to scoop all that sand out of the filter again to check the manifolds.

Old 07-18-14, 04:02 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
I see you're in a cold winter area like I am. Do you drain your tank in the winter ?

Old 07-18-14, 04:39 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Definitely - completely drained and wrapped the tank in a tarp to protect it. This winter was one of the worst since we've been pool owners. Constant snow, ice and cold - no warming trends to melt any of it so we could pump the water off the cover, and we lost our brand new cover to the weight of the snow pack on top, and the ice that fell into the pool punctured the liner which we had to replace as well.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: