Hot Tub Side Controls

Old 03-13-01, 07:25 PM
Anyone know anything about hot tubs?

I have one at my new house the side controls are non-op, are these hard remove and replace, I know there not cheap, but is it just the matter of unplugging the old one and plugging in the new side controls, it only circulates via the timer, I would like to beable to control the jets, lights and air via the panel.

Or would it be best to just call in a service tech to fix this.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-01, 07:32 AM
Visiting Guest
Because your pump turns on and off via the timer but your topside control isn't working does not always mean a bad topside. Your topside should have a thermostat and some buttons on it to control the equip. Depending on what type or brand you have, some are easier than other to troubleshoot. You would probably want a pro to look at it...guessing as to what need replacing..and purchasing the wrong parts could turn a do it yourself savings into a costly hot tub repair. Good luck !

Old 03-18-01, 12:32 PM
Thanks SCG, I did have it looked at from a pro, and it was the top cotrols, had it replaced and now jets, air works from the controls. That was an expensive part but we are happy to have it working again.

Now I just have to drain it off to replace the light for it.