Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Cal Spa Option button and lights not working

Old 08-05-14, 06:27 PM

Hello all,

I have a Calspa 2004 Model "Pacifica". It hasn't been used in a few years and I just decided to open it a couple weeks ago. I got it cleaned up and filled it and switched it on, and when I press the Lights button, I hear a clicking on the circuit board, but no lights come on. The more important issue, is that the Options button to set the filtering modes does not do anything!

I assumed the button was worn out and I ordered a replacement topside control panel and two weeks later I finally got it today, I just installed it and it's doing the exact same thing with the new control panel.. There are no error codes and the heater and pumps/jets appear to be working perfectly fine.. Any ideas, or do I need a new circuit board?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-14, 06:48 PM
Group Moderator
There are so many control panels used in these models that I can't keep them straight.

You're telling us that the buttons/control works for the heater.
You're telling us that the buttons/control works for the pumps.
You're telling us that the buttons/control works for the jets (probably blower).
When you hit the light button you hear the control board click.... sends like a bad bulb. Have you checked that ? It's definitely not the keypad.

Is there a company name on the control box ?

Old 08-05-14, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the reply. The control box and circuit board this unit uses is here:
Cal Spas Control Box CS 5000 ELE09000197
Cal Spas CIRCUIT BOARD - C2100RIE (USED ON 5000) ELE09100205

The tub has a single light light bulb with 4" lens, and then color changing LEDs around the top of the tub. Neither of them turn on. I assume that if the big bulb was out the LEDs would at least just turn on?

Anyway the topside control panel has just 4 buttons, Temp, Lights, Jets, Option. The Temp and Jets are working fine, the lights button appears to work. The options button is not doing anything.

Old 08-05-14, 07:12 PM
Group Moderator
Certainly not bashful with the prices.

Thanks for the links. I will locate a diagram based on the board number.

A question.... what would the option button control ?

Old 08-05-14, 07:29 PM
Thanks so much for the help. Your question about what the options button does made me go look it up for sure, and also made me realize that I am a complete idiot. I guess this is what happens when you don't use something for several years and make assumptions. I erroneously assumed the option button controlled the filtration settings (F2, F4, F6, FC for 2, 4, 6 hrs twice a day or continous filtering) when in reality it only toggles of "Turbo" mode "if equipped". The filtration setting is done by clicking the temp button first then the jet button. So that solves that, and also means I just purchased a new topside panel for absolutely no reason!

And yeah, the prices are not appealing at all! I was looking up my part numbers there and ordered from another site that is a bit cheaper..

So, the only issue remains is the light issue.

Old 08-05-14, 07:40 PM
Group Moderator
Thanks for the clarification on the option button. Some are like that and control items/options added on later.