Leaky tub

Old 09-25-14, 07:56 AM
Leaky tub

After butchering the cedar panel siding of my 17 year old tub and tearing out foam to locate several incessant leaks over the last few months, I've found the leaks coming from behind several of the jets where the PVC elbow fitting meets the flex pipe. Whats the best way to fix this? Could I seal it with marine epoxy or some sorta plumbers putty?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-14, 10:30 AM
Group Moderator
I assume the flexible (male) is stuck into the rigid (female) PVC fitting?

Depending on how easy it is to access you could try to wiggle and pull until you get the flexible free, clean and re-glue. It's a long shot as I wouldn't count on being able to get the flex out cleanly.

Another option would be to cut the flex and remove the rigid and replace with new. You might have to add a section of pipe to make the lengths work but sometimes it's faster, easier and less hassle to not try saving something and just rip it out and replace.

Old 09-25-14, 11:57 AM
Yes that's correct the leak is at that join. I wouldn't know how easily it could come out of there but I'm assuming it wouldn't be without a fight. Could a PVC glue just seal it?

Old 09-25-14, 12:34 PM
Group Moderator
Maybe... maybe not. You can also try some of that wonder leak stopping tape. They are not proper fixes but sometimes they can work.