Skimmer Repair

Old 10-13-14, 04:55 PM
Skimmer Repair

Hello,

I was hoping to get some help with my pools skimmer. I'm a new home owner as well as a new pool owner. About 4 days ago I noticed the pool losing a lot of water after the pump would run. Come to find out when I isolate my skimmer to run with the pump it brings in little water and air. I'm assuming either the pipe in the ground is busted or somewhere near the skimmer is broken. Also as you can see in the pictures the section of that concrete has lifted up on one side. Which has cause separation with part of the skimmer as well. I'm still new to all this stuff if you guys had any suggestions for a repair fix please let me know.

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  42.8 KB

Name:  image2.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  50.1 KB

Name:  image3.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  47.4 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-14, 06:25 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

My 50 year old Sylvan skimmers look similar. The outer white housing can pull out of the ground.

When you switch to that skimmer.... are you getting enough pool water in there ?
The water level looks a little low. There is also a door that is under the coping called a weir dam. This allows water and debris in but traps the debris from floating back out. Make sure that door isn't stuck closed.