Gecko spa systems

Old 01-21-15, 07:35 PM
Gecko spa systems

Does anyone have any experience with Gecko Spa System. Is it good or bad? Thinking of using it to replace my present system which isn't working and is 13 years old.

Gecko In.Therm Heater Assembly | Hot Tub Essentials Canada

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-15, 08:51 PM
Group Moderator
Since it has built in sensors you need to make sure it will connect to your spa control pack.
I have never used them before. Looks to be a Canadian based company.
Have you considered replacing your heater with the factory replacement one ?

Old 01-22-15, 03:18 AM
I was going to buy a top side panel to go with it which is cheaper then buying the just the original Balboa circuit. Instead of just getting a new circuit board I can also get a current top side panel and heater which I would also figure is more efficient to heater.

Old 01-22-15, 10:26 AM
Group Moderator
One electric heater is generally not more efficient than any other. So, I would not change heaters hoping to increase efficiency.

I generally don't like everything packaged in one unit. Sealed in epoxy is great until the circuit board dies then you're stuck replacing the whole unit. And like PJmax mentioned you need to make sure it will interface with your existing controls since the heater you linked does some of the things that are probably already being done by other parts of your existing system (temp and flow sensors).