Hayward h100 heater will not turn on

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-15, 08:07 PM

Hello all,
I have a hayward h100 pool heater running off of natural gas. It was working with no issues a few days ago. I went to turn it on today and it will not start up at all. The fan will not even power up. I did a continuity check the safety switch at the door, the water pressure switch, and the two other switches inline with the pressure switches and they are all closed. I'm not sure where to go to next. Anyone have any experience with these lovely hayward pool heaters. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-15, 08:35 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

There have been several thread in regards to that heater.

Here's one you may find helpful.
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/po...-not-work.html

Old 06-30-15, 07:08 AM

PJmax,
Thanks for the link in regards to the hayward not working. I'm just a llittle confused with the problem. The t/s that the person put out in the previous forum said that if the safety loop is satified the fan should run. The safety loop is satified in my situation and the fan won't come on.
I had a problem with this one a month or so ago. The fan would run but wouldn't light. Turns out the gas pressurre in the valve/manifold was to low. After that it worked great.
I saw the post regarding the circuit board solder. I will check that and see what i can find.
Thanks again.

Old 06-30-15, 07:54 AM

Pjmax,
So i checked the board and it was fine. I turned on the heater and started metering connections. When i got to the fan, the heater turned on. When should the hi/low fan be on? Could I have a bad speed switch, which kicks it into ho or low speed? right now the heater is running but the fan doesn't seem to be blowing at high speed to cool the heater down. The exhaust side of the case seems warm, but it could just be me. The rest of the case feels fine.

Old 06-30-15, 08:02 AM
The fan doesnt seem to be coming on right when you turn the knob to the on position. I'm not sure if i need a new speed switch or control module.

Old 06-30-15, 09:25 AM
the fan will start low then ramp up and you should be able to notice it. has it been cleaned out?

Old 06-30-15, 09:39 AM
I pulled the cover off the other day and verified the interior of the heater was clean. The burners and everything else was checked about a month ago when i had it installed. The fan comes on but it doesn't seem to be switching speeds. When i turn the temp control knob from off to on, the fan doesnt come on until about mid range, then it lights about 15 seconds or so later. It just doesn't seem to be blowing as much air, and the side of the case where the exhaust is seems pretty warm after a while.

Old 06-30-15, 10:38 AM
need to check inside the fan, wasp like to nest in there

Old 06-30-15, 12:13 PM
ok thanks, i'll check. Would the fan still run at a lower speed with it being clogged?

Old 06-30-15, 01:27 PM
its possible not getting the rpm it needs

Old 07-01-15, 11:12 AM

So i checked the fan, its fine. Ive been running it today and it seems the output temp of the water from the heater doesn't seem to be getting higher than 82 F.

Old 07-01-15, 01:17 PM
temp coming out depends on temp of water going in. So it is running now?

Closed Thread