Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Intermatic pool timer does not work after a freeze

Old 09-03-15, 05:08 PM

We had a freeze about 2/3 yrs back. I woke up to find my pool timer still going even after temps had come up. So I manually turned it off. Well ever since the timer doesn't work any more - I have had to manually turn it on and off. I want to get it fixed. I am wondering if I can trouble shoot it and fix something there or I am looking at a replacement/upgrade?

It's a manual one like this one here

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-15, 05:22 PM
Group Moderator
That looks like a T-104 timer. 240v DPST.
These timers are rated for all weather so a freeze would not affect it.

Look in the oval window just above the clock dial. Do you see the gears turning ?

Old 09-03-15, 08:17 PM
OH I made a mistake - that timer, the "T-104 timer" is for the pool vacuum and it works - it kicks in after the one below turns on, or at least that is how I used to set it (the flow reduces when it kicks in so I have it off, I will save that issue for a little later).

Below is the correct photo of the timer that is the subject of this post

Name:  SH21.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  41.8 KB

Old 09-04-15, 12:02 AM
Group Moderator
That's a digital timer with automatic freeze protection. I think an Intermatic PF1103T.

Is the clock showing on the display ?
Can you program times in the schedule ?
Maybe the timer is on bypass....not automatic ?

Do you have the programming instructions ?

Intermatic 1103MT/digital programming/pdf

Old 09-05-15, 12:29 PM
The clock is showing display
Yes I can program a schedule
Time is auto or bypass.... well it messed up I just turn it on/off from a flip switch that's positioned just below the timer box. So I am no sure about that.

Last night I turned it on as usual, set the correct time, set a single schedule to turn pool off today in the morning and on at 9.30pm today. Well pool didn't turn off, so I just turned it off manually at the flip switch again. I had put the selector at auto and there's was a red light to it's left. I got home late so I didn't go through the PDF then so this was just a quick test. Maybe there's something I didn't do. I will go through the PDF instructions today and set it again and revert.
Thanx for your suggestions/help.

Old 09-08-15, 08:14 AM
I did try the timer again this weekend with a manual at hand. Well the pool does not turn on or off according to the times I set. It just ignores the settings. If the pool is running it ignores off time. If it's off it ignores time to startup. It just doesn't respond to the timer clock.

Old 09-08-15, 05:16 PM
Group Moderator
As you push the SELECT (on-auto-off) button.... it should show with a mark on the display at the ON AUTO OFF position. It should move one position every time you push the SELECT button. You want the mark to be at the AUTO position. If you've done that and the timer is not responding automatically..... it'll probably be time for a new timer.

Name:  timer.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  33.4 KB

Old 09-10-15, 04:20 AM
Yeah did that and it doesn't respond automatically. In that case what is wrong that it doesn't respond? Anything I can tinker with to see if I can fix it?