Combined pool covers

Old 09-09-15, 02:38 PM
Combined pool covers

I am trying to figure out a way to extend the life of my above ground winter pool cover. It is only a few years old but I noticed (this is my 3rd cover) that they don't last very long and begin to develop small holes (mesh separating). I still have my old cover.

I was wondering if I could put my old cover on top of my new cover if that would help extend the life of my new cover. I'm thinking the sun does most of the damage to the cover and with the old cover on top it would take most of the sun damage. I'm not sure if this is a good idea and wanted to get some feedback.. thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-15, 07:32 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the club.

I'm not an authority on pool supplies but I have had a built in Sylvan pool for over 40 years. Covers just don't last. My current cover is 5 year warranty cover with 1 year free replacement. It wasn't in service several months before the seams started to leak. The company requested a 1'x1' piece of the cover with the bad spot for warranty replacement. No way was I going to change the cover or cut the cover in the middle of the winter. They sent a new cover... no charge.

Now to your question..... double covers. Interesting idea. I'm not quite sure how well that would work. It sounds like a workable plan.

Old 09-09-15, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the input. Unless I get a negative response I'll give it a try. You'll have to wait until next year to find out what happens!!!

Old 09-09-15, 09:23 PM
Group Moderator
I'll be putting on my brand new, factory replaced,cover. We'll exchange war stories in the spring.