Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

New Heater, New Flow Switch - still not heating

Old 11-30-15, 12:43 PM

2003 Apollo Spa (500Gal). Heater plug went bad / short circuited. Replaced heater with hard wired unit and added new Flow switch. Tested each heater line on the circuit board. Each one read 121V separately so I'm guessing the unit is receiving 240V? I checked the wires on the flow switch. The red wire show an output from the board at 14.5V. Ohms showed nothing on any of the FS wires (red or green).
I'm guessing a heater relay (non-replaceable) could be out and therefore will need to replace the entire spa pak? I am going to jump the two flow switch wires and see if the heater comes on but I'm not holding out much hope...

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-15, 02:41 PM
" Each one read 121V separately so I'm guessing the unit is receiving 240V?"

WRONG! Only one leg can be hot, the electricity traveling through the heater, making the other leg appear to be hot. The only way to verify 240 is to test between the two terminals and measure 240.

Old 11-30-15, 09:03 PM
Group Moderator
I checked the wires on the flow switch. The red wire show an output from the board at 14.5V. Ohms showed nothing on any of the FS wires (red or green).
Do you know what you are checking for here ?

Some pictures of the control would be helpful as the company has zero technical info on its site.
http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

Old 12-01-15, 07:16 AM
I think, in 2003 Apollo sold private labeled Dynasty Spas.