Spa heating troubles

Old 04-05-16, 05:34 PM
Question Spa heating troubles

Not sure what to check for this problem. The control panel says the spa temp is 105. An independant thermometer says 80 degrees, and it certainly feels 80. The heater should come on during the filtering cycles but it does not seem to be doing so. At least as of yesterday it is not. I did top the water off yesterday and may have put a bit too much in. Don't know if that caused the problem or not. The heater was replaced about 4 or 5 years ago. Any help on where I should start first?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-16, 05:44 PM
Group Moderator
If the spa panel is registering 105 degrees and the water is nowhere near that..... the temperature sensor probe is bad or it's wiring is corroded and not solid.

Since the panel thinks the water temp is 105 degrees..... the heater won't come on.

For more detailed help I'll need make, model and year of manufacture.

Old 04-05-16, 10:42 PM
It is a Beachcraft Bahama. It was purchased in Feb., 1994 so I would think it is probably a 1993 model.

Old 04-06-16, 11:18 AM
Oops..the date of manufacture is March, 1994. We had it installed a couple of months after we bought it. The electronics appear to be Balboa, ZX2000CAH.

Old 04-06-16, 08:26 PM
Group Moderator
So far I haven't found any info on your spa.

I found limited information on the Balboa pack your spa uses. I still feel it's a sensor problem. If you can open the access cover to the spa, take a few picture and post them here I'll try to help you by what I see. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

The sensor is shown as plugged into J15 on the control board.

Name:  ZX2000 - Copy.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  39.2 KB

Name:  ZX2000.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  38.8 KB