Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Hot Springs Sovereign Power Light Flashing - Not Filters or Circulator Pump

Old 09-16-16, 07:20 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I have a Hot Springs Sovereign Spa (est. late 90's/early 2000's vintage) that I just filled up for the season and when I turn on the 110V breaker, the circulator pump starts up and sounds like it's working fine. However, the power light is flashing red and I am not able to run the jet pump. This is occurring before I have turned on the 230V breaker so the heater has not been energized yet so I can't see how it would be overheating and tripping the hi-limit sensor. There are no breakers or buttons to reset on the control box for this model. I have tried removing the filters to see if that helps but it does. Again, I'm getting a flashing red power light BEFORE I turn on the heater. The tub was working fine this spring so I'm not sure what to check or look at. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Old 09-16-16, 10:09 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,152 Upvotes on 3,729 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Are you saying you have a 120v breaker AND a 240v breaker for your spa ?

The blinking power light is some type of heater or heater control circuit failure.

Old 09-17-16, 03:30 AM
W
Yes. This tub is one that can be wired for either 120V or 240V and I have it wired for the 240V. So there are two breakers. A 30A 240V breaker for the heater at 6000W and then a 120V breaker for the pumps and light. How can I test what parts are faulty and where can I find replacement parts? Is there a service manual or something more detailed than the owner's manual for these online?

Old 09-17-16, 04:58 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 78 Upvotes on 71 Posts
If you can find model # of spa or control panel we might be able to help. Found this may help
http://www.spaguts.com/SpaGutsFaqs.a...FYEehgod-LsC6A
I will leave you the link but may not be very helpful.

Old 09-17-16, 06:07 AM
W
The spa is a Sovereign Model I, Serial #I38640. The control box says IQ2000. Here are two photos I just took.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...1708.58.35.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...1708.59.56.jpg

I turned on the 120V breaker this morning to try it again and the power light stayed solid. I was able to turn on the jet pump and run it for about 1-2 minutes with no problem and then it shut off and the power light starting flashing again. I never turned on the 230V breaker to introduce the heater during this time. When I turn off the breaker and turn it on again, it instantly starts with a red power flashing.

Old 09-17-16, 05:17 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 78 Upvotes on 71 Posts
Old 09-21-16, 10:17 AM
E
With our old spa we had good luck ordering parts through spadepot.com.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: