Ozone Injector Not Working

Old 05-07-17, 06:19 AM
Ozone Injector Not Working

This is the 3rd year for this Master Spa so it's out of warranty and if you have ever owned a spa you have to get proficient on repairs because they charge 2 arms and a leg for a simple service call.

So sometime last year the ozone bubbles stopped. I've been in contact with the supplier of the generator and we're confident that it is functioning so that leads to the injector.

Yesterday I replaced the 1/4" tubing from the generator to the injector, nothing.

I noticed that I was not getting any suction on the line so replaced the injector assuming it was clogged/plugged, again nothing.

For some reason there is no suction being generated by the injector on the spa.

If I blow through the injector I can feel suction so the part seems to be ok.

Nothing has been changed on the spa, no plumbing, no part replacement, nothing.

Here is a picture, water flow starts bottom left at the recirc pump, up and through the heater, to the tee, to the injector, then to the UV lamp, then to the spa.
Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  43.4 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-17, 06:29 AM
Group Moderator
I would open up the injector and make sure the hole in the venturi is free. If the pump is running you can remove the ozone infeed line and no water will leak. You should be able to put your finger over the fitting and feel the suction and you should be able to hear it as well. If your pump is running and you don't have suction a pin or needle can be stuck in the venturi to clean out the hole.

Old 05-07-17, 06:38 AM
The injector is new, I checked the function of both (blew through it) and could feel suction, right now with water flowing through the injector nothing.

I'm going to check the o-ring in the injector one more time, it's the only thing I didn't confirm now that I'm thinking about it!

Old 05-07-17, 07:27 AM
Disconnected the 1/4" tube at injector and there is a very faint noise as well as suction, at the ozone generator you cant feel anything.

Old 05-07-17, 03:18 PM
Group Moderator
If you have suction at the venturi and not at the ozone generator it has to be something in between. It could be a kinked or broken line, the line could be clogged or it could be a bad check valve.

Old 05-10-17, 08:46 PM
Check Valve

Must be the check valve. Even though the valve body is typically made of an ozone resistance plastic, the actual inside of the valve has a rubber type of flap that ozone can harden and degrade very quickly. The check valve should be viewed as an annual replacement item.