raypak 2100 pilot replacement issue

Old 06-14-17, 11:55 AM
raypak 2100 pilot replacement issue

The pilot clogged and rusted. Replaced taht and the thermopile. I can get the pilot to light now. But doesnt stay lit when the button is released. The replacement pilot gas tube is only about 1/8 inch. the one that came off was about 1/4 inch. i ordered by the model number. Is this enough to keep the pilot from burning correctly?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-17, 10:03 PM
Group Moderator
replacement pilot gas tube is only about 1/8 inch. the one that came off was about 1/4 inch.
That would usually mean two different nuts sizes where the tubes are not interchangeable.

If the nuts are the same thread/size then the pilot gas pressure may need to be increased to get the same amount of gas out of a much smaller tube.

The flame needs to be big and bushy. The pilot generator needs to be completely engulfed in the flame to operate correctly.

Old 06-15-17, 08:35 AM
i do have a blue bushy flame. All of the fittings swapped right over. I pulled the thermopile and it seems the flame is only hitting the tip of it. Are these adjustable? Or could that be a factor of low pressure?

Old 06-15-17, 08:15 PM
Group Moderator
It's hard to tell if the flame is good without seeing it.

Just heating the tip is not enough. Possibly the bracket is bent causing a misalignment. If you have a voltmeter you can do checks to see how well the pilot generator is performing. Page 42 on has a diagnostic routine and PG voltages.

Is this natural gas or propane ?
Did you get the correct orifice for the type of gas.... there are two available.

Raypak_rp2100manual.pdf

Old 06-19-17, 10:06 AM
I have been busy and havent messed with it. I am going to check the voltage. It appears the flame is hitting the top 1/4 of the thermopile at best.The old one i pulled out looks like flame hit about dead center. I also ordered the 1/4 pilot tube as well.