spring opening problems

Old 05-07-01, 11:20 AM
Memphisbelle049
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

Last year when I opened my inground pool, the water stayed extremely cloudy and grey despite shocking, algaecide and flocking. I was told to flock the pool over and over again with no results. I cannot remember what I finaly did to clean up the water. Also, this year my water is green. I shocked the pool last night, water is now very cloudy and a greyish color. This A.M. I put in Algaecide and will clean the pool soon. However, my alkalinity is very high and I cannot get a free chlorine reading. Free chlorine is non-existant. How do I bring Alkalinity level down, how do I bring free chlorine up? Last year no matter how much chlorine I put in pool, could not get a free chlorine reading.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-01, 05:47 PM
Visiting Guest
cleaning pool

Memphisbelle049,
It has been a long time since I had a pool but when I did have a pool after reading the book "What Color is Your Swimming Pool" my water was crystal clear all the time. The book tells you exactly what to add for what readings you get on your water. I had been a total novice in the pool cleaning department.
You didn't mention that you flushed your filter. If it is dirty it won't be able to clean the water.
Carol