Hot Tub Placement

Old 12-10-17, 03:29 PM
A
Received 2 Votes on 1 Post
Hot Tub Placement

All

We own a waterfront property and our entire rear yard is located in the 100 Ft. critical zone buffer, this only leaves the side yard available for placement of the tub, The best location for ease of access and privacy is up agains the house between the side porch and rear deck stairs, The area is large enough and I believe this would be a great location only requiring a few screening plants for total privacy. My concern is that we have a basement egress window 12 inches from where the edge of the concrete slab or pavers would be. The egress window well is metal and is 5 feet below grade. Can i place 6000# on the ground that close to the window well? The only other option is to try a get a variance to place the tub on the deck in the back yard. The deck was designed by a licensed engineer to support the tub when it was built in 2011 but the county has changed the deck codes since that time requiring larger footings than we installed at the time. My engineer says it it fine but the county may require us to modify the deck and this would be expensive

Paul

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-17, 09:57 PM
Received 372 Votes on 347 Posts
Weight is not a factor, it's distributed across the entire surface of the slab and would have effect to the window well. I would only question if there is any code for obstructions that close and then you have to consider having a big hole in the ground so close to a spa. We tend to walk around ours all the time.