Lay Z spa

Old 07-29-18, 03:27 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lay Z spa

Hi all, new member here. I've searched the spas and hot tubs section and can't find the anwer I'm looking for. I have a home made tiled hot tub which I heat with a motor unit from a Lay Z spa Vegas. Which honestly is a piece of crap. I've had loads of things go wrong with the unit and had to replace numerous parts to keep it running. The most recent problem though I've not been able to figure out. It heats up no problem, when the water gets to the right temperature the heater shuts down as it should, but the pump keeps running and will not stop. I know it should come on periodically to filter the water but it just keeps going until I turn the pump off completely. Eventually it is going to overwork the tiny little motor. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?
Any help appreciated.
John

Old 07-29-18, 04:06 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,477 Votes on 1,365 Posts
Welcome to the forums from the UK.

Here's what I found in the manual to that pump unit......
NOTE: If the heating system is activated the filtration system will automatically start.
NOTE: After turning off the heating system the filtration system will continue to operate.
Your manual..... best way corp/Product/DowndLoadManualAndDeclarationFile?id=934

Old 07-30-18, 05:18 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks PJMax. The filter always did run for a while afterwards, and would do so a few times a day for an hour or so. It's only recently that it's started to run 24/7. Unless it wasn't working right before and now it is? The pump motor in this thing is a tiny little thing and I'm pretty sure constant running is going to burn it out in no time.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: