Hot Tub 2nd speed on pump not turning on

Old 01-27-19, 03:18 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hot Tub 2nd speed on pump not turning on

Itís a 2 years old waters edge hot tub with new filter and new water. We just purchased this tub and it was running perfectly before getting moved to our place. Itís a plug in model with one two speed pump. The high speed will not kick on. I checked the panel and 120v is coming off the red wire when selecting high speed. Same at the motor connection. On low setting no issues. I looked at the motor, a balboa 1014205-nhp. I was thinking itís a capacitor but do not see one on the motor anywhere. Any help is greatly appreciated as we havenít even been able to use it yet. Another side effect is getting a flo code periodically as well.

Old 01-27-19, 10:14 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,417 Votes on 1,310 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

That pump should have a four pin connector on it with red, black, white and green wires.
The white is common. Usually the red is low and the black is high. It is listed on that motor.

So to check the circuit..... you need to unplug pump. Check for 120v from white to black for high speed and white to red for low speed.

You can't test the circuit with the pump plugged in since the internal windings will allow 120v to be measured on red and black at the same time.

Old 01-28-19, 04:36 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
We did try that and are getting 120V on each but some weird reason the second speed on the pump is not engaging

Old 01-28-19, 01:29 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,417 Votes on 1,310 Posts
Using an ohmmeter...... check from white to red and white to black on the pump.
Do both show continuity ?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: