Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Kohler steeping tub with Allegra motor and no control keypad

Old 02-04-19, 09:56 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I have a Kohler steeping tub (K-792 without neck jets) that came with a motor/pump/heater which I believe is from a Kohler allegra whilrpool (1370 H1-AA). My problem is that there is no keypad and Kohler Parts Dept says keypads for steeping and allegra tubs are discontinued and with no replacement part available either. I believe the motor, which has an integral water heater is #93829 rather than #73572. Whichever motor it is, I am missing the control pad - it is discontinued and not available from Kohler and no replacements were recommended
Hard wired to the motor base is the control cord which has a phone type connector with wires Black, Red, Green, Yellow. The variable flow control assembly #73592 is also hard wired to the base of the motor. The wiring diagram is attached to the motor base containing the wiring and I presume the circuit board. Hard wired to the base are power cord, Keypad cord and variable flow cord.

I question whether the newer (available) keypad #1020679-A would work with this unit perhaps changing the wire color orientation OR, is there a way to jury-rig controls for heater, flow and on/off switch. I don't really need a timer and would never run the motor dry and I could live without the variable flow and heater but obviously would like to have access to them. This leads to the second question--

There is also no low water control assembly (# 361956) and I question if the motor can run without this assembly (knowing risk of motor damage running dry). The unit would never be run without water so I really don't need the low water assembly, BUT, the motor may not run unless the related circuit is bypassed. If this canlike most of the other older Kohler parts. Can another, available low water assembly be used?

I have been following the thread by PJMAX and hope he or someone else can advise on the possibilities. Many thanks in advance.not be bypassed, then I would have to get a low water assembly. No doubt the specified unit is more than likely discontinued and not available

Pauchik

Old 02-04-19, 10:36 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,418 Votes on 1,311 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Started new thread.

There is more to the model number than K-792. Do you have it ?

I have to look up all the part numbers you posted. I need to see a wiring diagram.
Very doubtful the new keypad will work with the old system.

Old 02-21-19, 12:47 PM
P
Hi Pete
I sent you a wiring diagram found on the base of the motor containing the controller. I recently found the part number for the Kohler keypad #30774 for the Allegra whirlpool motor that came with the steeping tub. This also is discontinued and a similar one available which doesn't control the heater integral to the pump is #30775. That is available at $269.90. wondering If I can jump the existing wires described in prior post to determine which is running the motor so I could at least run the pump and just sacrifice the heater part of the pump.
I saw in another post you answered where you suggested using a fuse a 1 amp between wires to test function.

Thanks for your help

Old 02-21-19, 05:07 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,418 Votes on 1,311 Posts
I haven't seen a wiring diagram. Where did you send it to or post it ?

Old 02-25-19, 11:36 AM
P
Kohler steeping tub

I must have tried to text or email it since I didn't see a way to send pics via this thread. How can I do that?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: