Magna Pump LD5A-C Bleeder Valve

Old 05-11-19, 09:14 AM
I
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Magna Pump LD5A-C Bleeder Valve

My Jacuzzi motor spins and I can hear the water gargling sound inside the impeller, but no water is jetting out. I'm guessing it's the issue with air pocket as all the google search has indicated.

In some search, they indicate that there might be a bleeder valve on the motor, do LD5A-C have one? What are those valves B in the photo? On one video, screw A was loosen to release the air, and one show loosening the intake valve C. Is this done with the water filled and motor running? Thanks in advance.

Name:  j1.jpg
Views: 1362
Size:  127.9 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 05-11-19 at 10:47 AM. Reason: resized picture
Old 05-11-19, 10:50 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
If C isn't tight...... it will draw air in and not prime.
That should be a self priming setup. If the water level is over the pump..... it is self priming.

With the pump off..... if you loosen C you should get water.
If you do..... it should self prime. If it doesn't it could be a damaged impeller.

itchibahn voted this post useful.
Old 05-11-19, 09:42 PM
I
I loosened the intake valve C, and heard the air squeak out. It's all working now. Thanks for your help.

Old 08-22-19, 08:26 AM
I
I haven't used it in 3 months, and it's having same issue again. Is this normal? I made sure "C" was tight. Is there way to avoid this from happening again? It's lots of work to get access and messy, as the cover panels are glued and caulked.

Old 08-22-19, 11:29 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
The service access panel shouldn't be glued on.

There must be some way that pump is getting air in it. Possibly a tiny leak. Those pumps aren't self priming so it can't pump the air until there is water. That's why bleeding the air out helps it.

Old 08-24-19, 10:50 AM
I
There's no way to hold the heavy 1/4" marble panel on without gluing them, and then patching the large gaps from wall and floor. Shoddy work by a home builder.

Besides making the C tighter, would lowering the pump help reduce the air pocket?

Also, what is that piece with question marks? It's near the top, and can be turned to open or close.

Thanks.

Attached Images  

Last edited by itchibahn; 08-24-19 at 11:17 AM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: