Hot tub leveling

Old 08-25-19, 07:38 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hot tub leveling

Hey guys, first post here but visited the site many times. I recently purchased a rotationally molded hot tub, 350lbs when empty and holds about 150 gallons. It's on my painted cement patio in the atrium. When I laid it down in the corner where it was going to sit permanently, it was not level (using a level) so I shimmed up one corner to level it out. Now I've heard all the warnings about having a flat solid surface for the entire underside of the tub, but I'm wondering if that's mainly for wood frame/ acrylic tubs that weigh a lot more? The water is pretty much level on all sides. Just wanted to see if anyone's actually seen frames cracking due to this, in rotationally molded tubs specifically, or if it's more of a warning and way for the manufacturer to get out of doing warranty replacements. What do you guys think? Can I tell my wife to stop worrying or do I have to tell her she's right and do something about it? I cant seem to add pics, so I'll try to explain the setup: it's a 15' x 11' open roofed atrium with french doors on 3 sides and on the 4th side is the opening to the backyard. Where the 3 doors are, the concrete is raised up so water will drain out. The tub sits in the corner between 2 french doors, so 2 of the opposing corners of the tub are on raised parts of concrete. so in order to make it level I had to put (2) 3/4 x 24" boards under one of the other corners not on the raised parts of concrete, which raised up that corner 1.5", making the opposing corner touch the ground, so its level when checked. I really wish I could upload a pic. Hope that makes sense. Thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: