is my hot tub cover radius correct

Old 11-13-19, 11:07 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
is my hot tub cover radius correct

i called one guy for a quote and he thought i was crazy when said the radius of my hot tub. some sites online have given me my model numbers approx size but i was wondering what you think my radius is, assuming im measuring this correctly

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-19, 11:14 AM
Received 58 Votes on 54 Posts
Looks like you are touching on the 12 and 12 so I would say your radius is 12 inches.

Old 11-13-19, 11:21 AM
so playing psychic here:

i sent him these pics and he told me based on his chart it looks like 6 inch radius and he sent me a pic of some kind of curved line big sheet of paper with different radii. in addition to his high price he's wrong even though he has these pics. the sites i found show my cover 12 or 11.75. so 12 does seem reasonable.

also wondering if the seam protection is worth it. in my old cover u could see the snow melted along the seam so i guess its a good idea. but how worthwhile is double wrapping

Old 11-13-19, 04:34 PM
Group Moderator
Received 299 Votes on 273 Posts
I've always ordered my covers online. I would say your corners are 12" radius. Another way to check is find a plate, pot or anything round that is 12" across which means it has a 6" radius and see how it compares to your spa.

By "seam protection" do you mean a pillow in the fold of the cover? If so, all my covers have had something there to fill the gap when the cover is in place. If it's an option I would get it.

I no longer buy all the sprinkles when ordering a cover. The ozone attacks the vinyl to so they seem to last about the length of time with or without plastic wrapping. I've never had the foam get waterlogged but my spa is indoors so the inside fails before the outside.

Old 11-13-19, 04:52 PM
some places have called it an insulated hinge. i just hate seeing the snow melt at the seam that joins the 2 halves. that means heat goes bye bye. i never heard of the pillow. is there one method that is preferable over another?

this cover is way overdue at 11 years. i should have got one 2 years ago. i hate burning a day off to wait for a semi to deliver it but its cheaper than the local guy to deliver. this cover is now very heavy so i guess theres a limit to the wrapping plus i guess you can take it apart and wrap yourself maybe during summer?

plus there's a good chance i'm moving in 5 years so i dont need any extreme covers but PA winters are really hard

Old 11-14-19, 05:32 AM
Group Moderator
Received 299 Votes on 273 Posts
Don't even think of removing the outer cover on an old cover. With age it shrinks and gets brittle. If you get it off you'll probably never get it back on without tearing something. Those zippers are there for assembly when the cover is first made.

If you know someone with a business that can receive LTL trucks you can have the cover shipped there. Then you can pick it up at your convenience if you have a truck or trailer to bring it home.