Balboa 4 button Cool light blinking

Old 12-19-19, 09:10 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Balboa 4 button Cool light blinking

Balboa Vs300FL4 pack with 4 button VL200 mini panel on top on by Strong Spa tub. Checked the tub last night and the lcd display isnt displaying anything, but the indicator light above "cool" is rhythmically blinking. Tested the water in the tub with a thermometer and its at the 94/95 that i had it set (i had been gone for a week so no clue how long its been doing this). If i hit the jets or light buttons they work as normal and i can cycle through low/high/off with the pump as normal even though the indicator light doesnt respond. I hit the "warm" button 3-4 times as i normally would to increase the temperature and the pump automatically kicked on at low speed which sounds to me like it was responding to a temperature change request. Going to check the temp tonight to see if it increased, stayed the same, or decreased.

Thinking its the control panel, or the circuit board is fried. I havent had an opportunity to check out the circuit board yet since this was late last night and i'm at work today, but any thoughts? I scoured the internet for ideas as to the blinking light with nothing on the LCD and i came up with nothing regarding error codes. Heater element is less than a year old, and its obviously not tripping the GFCI or anything so theres no actual short anywhere. Just trying to rule out one or the other when it comes to the circuit board or control panel, as one is $100, the other is $200, so i'm not looking to buy the $100 item if the $200 fixes it, and vice versa, so as to either end up with a $100 or $200 repair, not $300.

I can do the repair myself if i can figure out whats actually wrong

Old 12-19-19, 06:31 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Usually a blinking cool light indicates a temperature change in progress.

I would try a spa power down first.
Also check the modular plug on the connecting cable for corrosion.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: