Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Saluspa leaking water around outtake hose

Old 05-17-20, 04:36 PM
V
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

Greetings, I have a 2 year old Saluspa inflatable hot tub. The bubbler started leaking last year due to a cheapo ball valve. I solved that problem by simply not connecting the hose to the spa. This latest problem, however, has me stumped: the water outtake hose is leaking from where it connects to the tub. I examined the site closely and did not see any damage, but it may be coming from where the hose connects to the inside of the tub with a black gasket. It seems to have slipped a millimeter to one side. It all seems tight, though. I cannot see any actual split or tear or hole. It might not be the actual point of leakage.

Question is, what to do about such a leak? There is ample space between the hose connection inside the tub and where it exits the tub for packing filler of some sort, but I reckon there is too much water pressure for a standard putty to have any effect. Is there some other solution?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-20, 06:44 PM
Group Moderator
Received 741 Votes on 696 Posts
Without knowing exactly what you are working on it's tough to offer repair help.
Can you post a picture of what you have there..... How-to-insert-pictures.

Old 05-22-20, 06:51 AM
V
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Here are photos of the connection. There is nothing to suggest a leakage point, which is surprising to me. On the other hand, there is quite a weight of water pushing against the fittings at the bottom of those pools.

Attached Images   
Old 05-22-20, 08:21 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 433 Votes on 398 Posts
"...nothing to suggest a leakage point..."
There is a hole through the wall of the spa below the water line. It is a huge potential leakage point. Have you tried disassembling and re-assembling the connection? Have you tried replacing the gasket?