2001 sundance altamar strange leak

Old 06-07-20, 08:35 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
2001 sundance altamar strange leak

I just picked up a 2001 Sundance altamar for free the skirts and wood frame was rotten replaced those tub works great we used it tonight for the first time and after i noticed water in side (skirts are off) that is coming for two hoses above the air blower that are open at the ends and zip tied to the frame this the the control board end there are the same hoses on both sides

please see pics can anyone tell me what these hoses are and why a bit of water comes out of them?

Thanks

Old 06-08-20, 05:59 AM
C
Received 9 Votes on 9 Posts
I believe those are tied into the air intakes for the jets. If you are splashing water over the top and water gets into those adjustable air intakes on the top edge of the tub it may come out these hoses. Not certain though. I would probably try blowing air into those hoses and try to see where it comes out.

Last edited by clancy; 06-08-20 at 06:19 AM.
Old 06-08-20, 06:04 AM
B
Makes sense when I get home tonight I will run the blower and open various air knobs and see if there is air being drawn into/out these lines

Old 06-08-20, 06:05 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 752 Votes on 691 Posts
I agree that they are air intakes for the bubbles. They should have check valves in line somewhere but they often fail. If running the jets without bubbles or if someone is sitting close in front of a jet water can be forced up and out through the air piping. You can find the culprit by running the jets in different scenarios while you watch the pipes for what causes the leak.

Old 06-08-20, 07:46 AM
B
Now could I just add check valves to the ends of these pipes!

Old 06-08-20, 10:20 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 752 Votes on 691 Posts
Either find where the old check valves are located and replace them or just stick new ones on the ends of the hoses. The old ones can offer resistance and slow the flow of air (less bubbles) so finding and replacing the originals would be best. Also, you want the ends of those hoses as high as you can get them, but above the water line is the most important bit.

My spa will send a little water out the air intakes if I run the jets a lot with the air turned off. When the air is on it sucks all the water out of the pipes and there is no leaking.

Old 06-08-20, 08:25 PM
B
alright I played around with the air controls and if too many are closed water comes out the tube so now I now thanks for the input

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: