Replace Plug GFCI with Normal Plug

Old 06-15-20, 08:44 AM
K
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Replace Plug GFCI with Normal Plug

I finally am getting rid of the extension cord running 50 feet to my garage... I ran power out to my pump. But now the GFCI plug doesn't fit inside the weather proof outlet box... The outlet in side the box is GFCI. Can I replace the GFCI at the end of the pump cord with a nomal plug so it will fit. I don't see why not, if its getting plugged into a GFCI outlet?

I put the outlet in like that because that is how ti showed on the instructions, but even if I were to flip the outlet inside so the ground is facing down, towards where the cord would exit. It still woudln't fit.

Correct?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-20, 09:04 PM
Group Moderator
Received 904 Votes on 844 Posts
The spa mfrs would tell the spa owner that it must be protected by a GFI device. Many people did not follow this advice causing the mfrs un-needed litigation. So they installed a GFI plug taking the choice out of the peoples hands.

You can remove the GFI plug but they relieves the mfr from any liability.

Same thing with blowdryers. Mfrs. requested the blow dryers not be used in the tub and wet area.
We can see how that went. All blowdryers come with GFI plugs now.

Old 06-16-20, 05:46 AM
K
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
That was my exact thought process to my wife when we were discussing it. I said, too many people just didn't listen and never plugged the pool cord into a gfci outlet. So they were left with no choice but to force them. I assumed that was the same thought process, I just like double checking in case I didn't think of something. Plug is already in the mail.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Old 06-20-20, 07:58 AM
C
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
How about a very very short extension cord?

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-...737352522&th=1