Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Thermistor and Water Pressure Switch Leaks - Hayward H1001D1

Old 09-08-20, 04:26 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I noticed some leaking around my old Hayward H1001D1 heater the other day and when I looked inside I noticed that the housing around the thermistor has completely broken down and there is a small amount of leakage around the water pressure switch. Both the thermistor and the water pressure switch are working fine, as is the heater.

For now I removed the thermistor and just stoppered the hole. But I don't suppose I can buy a new housing without buying a new thermistor? Also, does anyone know the part number for this thermistor? The manual weirdly leaves this out of the part list and when I google for it the options that come up don't look like the sensor in my unit.

As for the water pressure switch. I suppose I need to reseat and reseal this? Does it unscrew? I don't want to force anything until I know what I am doing. Also, what should I use to seal it again?

Thanks for all of the help. Pictures below:

Old 09-08-20, 12:50 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,950 Upvotes on 3,543 Posts
As far as I know those fittings are in wells that are part of the heat exchanger.
Part # IDX HXA 1101
A pretty pricey part..... $450.
Heat exchanger

Old 09-08-20, 03:22 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Pete, thanks for the reply.

Looking at the pictures it looks like there are plastic adaptors in the housings.
I will contact Hayward to see if I can get my hands on some of those. It seems silly to replace the whole heat exchanger because of this.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: