Stains, urgh! Black Algae?

Old 10-27-20, 09:33 PM
B
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Stains, urgh! Black Algae?

15k Gallons plaster pool has developed stains over the years. Over entire summer this ox was in the ditch and I was just throwing granular chlorine in there. We had green and mustard algae. It's back up and running for the last 4 weeks and water chemicals are balanced except CA- target is 400, it's down to 525 from 950. My problem is the black stains. They are on some of the sides and in patches on the floor. Granted, these started cropping up from 5-6 years ago but they increased during the mentioned summer snafu. I have been brushing everyday for the last 3 weeks, my guns put Rambo's to shame-says wifey, not sure she's just hyping me up to keep working on the pool and I haven't noticed ... noticeable increase in desserts serving, IDK. Anywho, are the stains black algae or what are they if not that.

Old 10-27-20, 10:36 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,340 Votes on 1,238 Posts
We have a Sylvan plaster pool.... we have a lot of minerals and iron in the water and it stains badly.
I've always used Sylvan's Les Iron. It never failed to remove all stains.

There are other brands of a similar product.... check with a pool supply place and see if they recommend using it.

bambata voted this post useful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: