new hot tub outdoor?

Old 06-18-01, 05:07 PM
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

Hi i am a new homeowner and i wanted to install a outdoor hot tub and I was woundering which brand is the best?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-01, 03:25 PM
Group Moderator
Someone else may post a "best buy" opinion, but frankly I don't think you'll find a whole lot of difference from brand to brand. There are a few things to look for of course, such as length of warranty, ease of installation and maintenance, and brand of pump/heater. The tub itself is pretty straightforward, like a small fiberglass swimming pool (or large bathtub depending on how you look at it). So the really important parts really are the pump/heater and plumbing. At a previous residence in NC we had a 6' wide circular spa on our deck that was over 10 years old when we sold the house and it still worked fine. One thing to watch for: on our spa (sorry can't remember the manufacturer, but the model was "Moonlighter") we got some leaks after about 5 years that turned out to be cracked spa nozzles (jets). Fortunately the nozzle replacement was fairly easy, but we had to buy a special tool along with the replacement nozzles. Be aware that insulating material hides a lot of the plumbing on some spas, a factor if you ever need to repair leaks in the water lines. Think the nozzles were about $30 apiece and we ended up eventually replacing all six over a 10 year period, but that was the only added expense we had (aside from power usage).