DIY my own pool

Old 06-06-21, 12:57 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DIY my own pool

Good day people
Going to DIY my own inground pool, as all installers I can find within 200 km are booked solid already thru 2022.
So I will have some questions I can hopefully find answers to here. Will be a solo with wife project.
Going to do a 20x40 with 8' deep end.
First question... how to get rid of all the dirt!
Local landfill wants $80 per ton...so that will get expensive very fast. Tried a test on kiji and facebook market place for free topsoil delivered and after 1 month not 1 bite.Don't want to rely on the free method and get stuck with it all for months in a pile. Worst case I will pay the 80/ton.

Also is there any good threads regard solo diy pool installs?

Old 06-06-21, 01:10 PM
T
Received 42 Votes on 40 Posts
It's hard to suggest a place for the dirt as that's most likely a local issue. If there's construction going on in your area, that's an option. There are other options besides hiring someone to do all the work and doing it all yourself. One is making yourself the GC, then hiring contractors for individual projects. One of those would be excavation. BTW, there are kits available and I assume that's what you're doing. The kit retailer may be a good resource for contractors.

Rusty Dusty voted this post useful.
Old 06-06-21, 01:12 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 962 Votes on 883 Posts
Many contractors aren't the "shopping for materials on Facebook" type. If you contact some excavators or contractors you might have better luck.

What method of construction are you going to use for your pool?

Rusty Dusty voted this post useful.
Old 06-06-21, 03:43 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tony P. Yes it will be a kit, will ask them for their suggestions.

Pilot Dane, it will be a steel, wall vinyl liner with concrete patio.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: