Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

Catalina/ Balboa CAT200 Hot Tub Heater Issue: Continuous Heating Beyond Set Temp

Catalina/ Balboa CAT200 Hot Tub Heater Issue: Continuous Heating Beyond Set Temp

Old 03-31-24, 01:59 PM
U
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone,

I'm facing a persistent issue with my Catalina/ Balboa CAT200 hot tub, and I'm hoping to get some insight from the community here.

The problem is that the heater in my hot tub doesn't seem to shut off at the set temperature. Even when I adjust the temperature to, say, 90 degrees Fahrenheit, the heater continues to operate until it reaches 104 degrees Fahrenheit, triggering an "overheat" error. Strangely, the temperature displayed on the control panel reflects the set temperature accurately.

I've tried troubleshooting by checking the settings and ensuring there are no obvious issues with the controls, but I'm still unable to resolve this problem.

Could anyone provide some guidance on what might be causing this issue and potential solutions to fix it? I'd greatly appreciate any insights or experiences you can share to help me get my hot tub back to proper working condition.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Old 03-31-24, 04:02 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,999 Upvotes on 3,589 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Balboa CAT200 is the board or control system.
Catalina is the spa model ?
I need full make, model and year of mfg to offer detailed help.

The Balboa uses at least two temperature sensors.
Not sure if it uses a third for over temp.

Old 04-01-24, 05:27 AM
U
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Figured there are 2 relay that shows continuity, I'm trying to find which relay I need to buy and I'll replace them, if you can help me telling me which relay I need, I'd appreciate !

Old 04-01-24, 10:34 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,190 Upvotes on 1,959 Posts
What do you mean by two relays having continuity? Where and how are you testing the relays? Is the continuity you are finding across the coil or a set of normally closed or open contacts?

Old 04-01-24, 09:42 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,999 Upvotes on 3,589 Posts

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: