Handy filter cracked and mis shaped

Old 06-02-24, 04:15 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
Jandy filter cracked and mis shaped

Had inground pool for 15 years. 4 tall Pleated Cartridge type filters. Clean every year when pool is closed and mid season if suction issues. Replaced every 3-4 years when looking grungy. Just bought new filters in august 2022. Used for about a month in 2022, cleaned at end of season. No issues last year; cleaned after season as well.

suction issues this past week. Took filters out to clean, a lot of pollen collects in filters when pool is opened. One of the filters is cracked and looked collapsed. I re shaped best I could, Trying to get new cartridge, as I donít think these have a warranty.

is this filter condition ok to put back and run for a couple days? Or should I leave out filter and run with 3 of the 4 filters (or would that cause more damage)? Or should I not run the pump until filtered replaced.

Last edited by daronson; 06-02-24 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-02-24, 05:49 PM
Group Moderator
Received 899 Upvotes on 760 Posts
I would hate to get any filter chunks into the pumps. I would not use the damaged filters.

Old 06-03-24, 05:10 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,270 Upvotes on 2,022 Posts
I would not use that filter. I wouldn't want the pieces of plastic getting caught in anything downstream.

Old 06-07-24, 03:24 PM
D
I was able to get replacement filters in 2 days so I just didnít run pump for that time. I agree, donít want small pieces jamming things up and doing more damage. Only issue now is I noticed a crack in the top part of filter housing. Found a replacement that will be here Monday. Running the filter only 6 hours per day, hoping the crack wonít blow out. That happened several years ago and had to replace tank. Found a used top and few years later needed bottom replaced. Now top again.

Old 06-10-24, 08:39 AM
D
Replaced 4 cartridges last week, and on Saturday replaced the canister top. I couldnít believe how dirty the filters were after only a week. I thought The old filters took the brunt of pool opening. Hosed them all off good before re assembling. I did notice the 6-port module for cleaning system wasnít cycling through the zones. A few were stuck open, and therefore without enough pressure the others wouldnít cycle. I noticed this when I found the broken cartridge. Thought broken cartridge may have to do with the cleaning system not cycling.

I replace the 6-port module June of 2022 so only 2 seasons use. The original lasted 13 seasons!! Seems there is at least 1 zone that is stuck open. I removed and cleaned the module twice and then rotated in the housing to verify itís the module. The zone that was stuck is not stuck anymore after rotation, so pretty sure itís the module.

Pressure all good. My question, do I replace module, or call pool company in to validate findings? Iíd hate to pay service call and labor if thatís the issue. Could there be another issue?

purchased from Leslie pool online, but website says to contact paramount for warranty issues. This may be difficult to warranty and i donít want to wait weeks for pool to work properly.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: