Automatic Chlorine Feeders

Old 01-19-02, 06:40 PM
Roy T
Visiting Guest
Automatic Chlorine Feeders

Does anyone know anything about automatic chlorine feeders? I am considering getting one for my pool. One dealer tells me that with this device I won't have to add liquid chlorine to my pool and another dealer tells me that I will still have to add chlorine weekly. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks
Roy

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-02, 07:10 PM
stevei44
Visiting Guest
Roy, Im not an expert by any means but I have had an inground pool for almost 11 years now and have dealt with about every problem known An automatic chlorinator is about one of the best ways you can spend your money on. It maintains a nice balance of chlorine and is very forgiving if you get lazy for three or four days in a row and forget to shock the pool. The only down fall if any is the tri-chlor tabs contain stabilzer, this is a good thing except if you rely on the Auto chlorinator for all of your chlorine needs. You still need to shock on a regular basis, depending on usage and temp. I have the Rainbow chlorinator,it uses 3 in round tabs and I have never been happier. P.S. STAY AWAY FROM
THE NATURES II AND OTHER "NATURAL" SANITIZERS.!!!!!!!! Its just a bunch of B.S.!

Old 01-23-02, 05:40 AM
Group Moderator
I second steve's opinion. I refill my in-line feeder about every 6-8 weeks and it holds about 10 - 3" tabs I think.