Pool Home Warranty for Newbie

Old 02-17-02, 08:02 PM
Bart Beaudin
Visiting Guest
Pool Home Warranty for Newbie

We close on an "as is" home next week and wonder if it is worthwhile to add the pool home warranty for $160 with a service charge of $35 per visit. Assuming of course that the insurance company will let us add it at closing.

We are totally new to pools ... but not afraid to change pumps, etc. The pool has a sand filter and is presently being filled by a garden hose.

Bart

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-02, 04:57 AM
Group Moderator
May be worth the money depending on the age and condition of the house/pool. When we bought our house here 3 years ago we didn't and have had no problems, but the house and pool were only about 6 years old at the time. I wouldn't wait until closing to notify that you want it though, since it may screw up the paperwork shuffle that goes with a closing. Good luck.

Old 02-26-02, 07:59 AM
how old ???? above or below?? i have had same sand filter since 93. is this warrantee 1 year, with the hassle u would probably get and the deduct i say forget it.

Old 02-27-02, 04:51 AM
Group Moderator
Right. If it's only a one year term, $160 PLUS $35 per call sounds a little steep, especially if it's not very old and in good shape. Would also depend on the coverage, i.e. what exactly do you get for your $160.