Tree distance from Pool Question

Old 03-15-02, 01:19 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Tree distance from Pool Question

The back of our house faces South West with the pool 25' off of the back of the house. The pool gets sun 85% of the time and does does the house. It gets very hot in the house. I would like to plant a shade tree of some sort between the side of the pool and the back of the house [approximately 12' from each. Will tree roots cause a problem to my pool? I have a vinyl lined plastic shelled pool wall. Also what type of tree would be recommended? I have a 2 story colonel that I am trying to shade.

Thanks for the advise, just trying to keep the house cool while we bast in the sun and pool.

Doug

Old 03-18-02, 04:38 PM
hanssimo
Visiting Guest
Exclamation

In my pool experiance, any tree within a mile of your pool is too close. My pool has more stuff fall and blow into it than you can imagine. I removed most trees within about 35', but it is still a mess. I don't mind cleaning the pool thiugh, so take that into consideration. Happy swimming.

Old 03-29-02, 09:09 AM
catwork
Visiting Guest
trees by pool

Go to a large nursery in you area for help. They can tell you all about what trees will work, help find one that might not be too messy, what to expect from roots, etc. Then you will have the options of how large a tree to buy. If you are not patient, there are larger, older, more expensive trees. Some grwo fast, some spread wide, etc. Good luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: