Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Pools, Spas and Hot Tubs
Reload this Page >

concrete pool pressure side leak ballpark

Old 04-08-02, 02:30 PM
jjoo21
Visiting Guest

Any ideas on the cost of a pressure side leak in a concrete pool in the San Jose/Campbell CA area? Is it a do-it-yourself fix or do I need to call the pros?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-02, 09:15 AM
KL Enterprises
Visiting Guest
Lightbulb Leak Detection

Narrow down the leak's location as in "under the deck", "above ground", "at the pool's wall" and the answer may be easier. Adams Plastering in your area or Pacific Pool Plastering from Modesto may be helpful.

Old 04-09-02, 11:36 AM
jjoo21
Visiting Guest
This may be a dummer questions than the first one, but how would I go about finding out whether the leak is above ground, below the deck, or in the wall?

Old 04-09-02, 01:55 PM
KL Enterprises
Visiting Guest
If it is above the ground look for water or a wet spot. The others must be tested under pressure. At this point you may need to hire a professional.
What makes you think you have a leak.

Feel free to call me in Modesto (209) 341-0991

Old 04-09-02, 02:06 PM
jjoo21
Visiting Guest
Haven't spotted any wet spots above ground. Whenever we turn the filter on seems like the level drops (more than when it's off). We've decided not to run the filter as much for now. Thanks.

Old 04-17-02, 02:26 AM
Green Arrow
Visiting Guest
re: leak

You may have a pipe leaking in the filter system, best to Measure the water level at full, then go back and measure every day for a week. Then call a pro and tell him what's going on.

If it is warm weather expect a certain amount of natural water loss via the sun. I'm not sure what normal for Cali is...I'm in a more humid climate.