Pentiar Minimax 100 melting thermal fuse

Old 06-20-10, 09:33 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Pentiar Minimax 100 melting thermal fuse

I have a brand new Minimax 100 and have replaced the thermal fuse twice in a matter of two weeks. There can't be any soot build up because it has not been used. It has it's own gas line running directly from the meter. Pentair has been of no help. They say the gas pressure may be low. When it flashes over, the flames have burnt the wires as well. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 06-20-10, 10:44 AM
D
Tell me about the clearances beside and above it. Be VERY descriptive. Fences? How far away and how high? Decks? Roof over hangs? Is the heater vented?

Ideally if you can post a picture from a distance so we can see the entire surroundings.

Old 06-20-10, 11:04 AM
it is possible to soot up imediately if gas pressure is not correct. There can be trash on top of heat echanger blocking exhaust. There could also be blockage in the burner tubes. Also could be a nat heater burning lp gas or vise versa.
Do you have 6" clearance around heater and nothing over it?

Old 06-23-10, 04:49 AM
F
There is 12" from the back of the heater to my house. There is nothing on either side other than the filter which is about 30" away and nothing blocking the front. The overhand from my house is about 18 feet above the heater and is very small (just the soffit). The heater does not have an additional vent attached. I will take a picture and post. Thanks

Old 06-23-10, 06:34 AM
it is probably just a high wind hood. Take top of heater and look down between heat exchanger, can you see bottom of heater? Using a Qtip run it in heat echanger, dirty? Black?

Old 06-24-10, 04:27 PM
F
I removed the outdoor top cover and it didn't look too bad inside. Interestingly though, with the outdoor cover removed, there did not seem to be any problems. I have had it running for several hours and everything seems fine (for now). I am wondering with the standard outdoor cover being used, if it is unable to draw properly and that is causing the back flash. Any thoughts?

The gas running to the heater is 1" from the meter to the heater. At the heater it is reduced to 1/2" as necessary for plumbing the heater.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: