Ok, I will ask a question

Old 04-21-02, 09:18 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool Ok, I will ask a question

Can anyone recommend a quality above ground pool? We can not afford the inground pool for $30K, but were looking for a few years of enjoyment from an above ground pool. they are not attractive, but we love to swim. Any suggestions?

Old 04-21-02, 09:49 PM
T
Above ground swimming pools

I once lived at a house that had an Esther Williams above ground pool. We were very satisfied with it. I particularly liked that the steps to the pool could be lifted and locked and that the pool was entirely fenced in. This helped me rest a littler easier about neighbor children accessing the pool. I am not, however, a swimmer but I love to watch others. Above ground pools tend not to be very large. Although they have a deep side, it is not recommended that they be used for diving. Certainly, they could not be used for lap swims unless they have manufactured one since I owned one 25 years ago. You might want to go to www.poolsolutions.com to see what they say about above ground pools. Go to www.mypoolsupply.com and www.poolsearch.com for helpful info. Go to www.watersafety.org for safety info and warnings about diving into above ground pools. Always dive with arms and hands stretched out in front of you and only from the end of the diving board. These are really not diving pools. Many folks do not install the diving board as an extra precaution.

As the pool is sold as a package with pump, filter, and additional equipment for operation of the pool, it is not the structure of the pool that is the major concern. It is the quality of the equipment required for long-term operation of the pool. Whatever brand you buy, make sure you know the quality and warranties of the equipment required to operate the pool. Price differences are most certainly reflected based on warranties and quality of equipment.

Make sure you get references and talk with people who have pools installed by the company from whom you purchase your pool. If you have a Better Business Bureau in your area, call them. The company should be licensed and insured. Ask for documentation of licensure and insurance. The company should be able to present documentation of where they pay Worker's Compensation Insurance on their employees. If they can not produce the documentation, find another contractor. Should an employee become injured during the installation, your homeowner's insurance will not cover injuries. Check with your local Building Code department to see if you need a permit and any inspections. Check with your local Water Dept. regarding pool filling restrictions and requirements. It may be possible to get a local fire department or other water source to fill the pool for you. Some pool stores offer classes in how to properly maintain a pool. You will need to know how to properly maintain chemical levels for a sanitary and safe pool. You will also need to know how to properly open and close the pool as the seasons change. Covering the pool can be a major issue if you have lots of trees and leaf fall and heavy snow.

A pool, especially an above ground pool, adds no significant resale value to your home. Above ground pools do offer the advantage of being portable if you wish to move. Most have vinyl liners so proper administration of chemicals are important so that damage to the liner does not occur.

Old 04-27-02, 01:20 PM
KL Enterprises
Visiting Guest
AGB Pools

I used this brand for years and had no trouble with the pools or factory. I distributed them over the western US without worries.

Sharkline/SeaSpray Pools

Old 04-27-02, 02:12 PM
S
AGP

What is the price range of that brand of pool?

We already have a jacuzzi and built a deck already.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: