hot tub heater

Old 05-08-02, 06:12 AM
brown lady
Visiting Guest
hot tub heater

i have a built in hot tub works great but won't heat could there be air in the line this happened after emptying it had heat before this no one seems to work on these anymore

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-02, 08:49 PM
Admin Emeritus
More Information Requested

Hello: brown lady

In order to offer you the best possible advice, those who post replies in this forum would need to know more about the specific type of heating unit.

Is the heating unit electric or gas?
Is the heater built into the cabinet? Does it hang on the outside the spa? Or is it a remotely located unit? {Remotely meaning several feet away from the spa}

If you can post the make and model of heating unit, this too would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Forum Host & Gas Appliances Forum Moderator,
Tom_B

Old 05-12-02, 02:56 PM
brown lady
Visiting Guest
hot tub

the hot tub sets out on my deck but the mechincal parts are in the basement it is electric its a nuwave but i couldn't find the model number thank you

Old 05-12-02, 06:11 PM
Group Moderator
My guess is going to be a burned out heating element since you mentioned emptying it. If the heat was turned on at any time with no water the element would likely be history. Only way to check it would be with an ohmeter if you have one and are familiar with checking resistance/continuity. Search the archives and you'll find additional info on this topic.