Fast service and repair

Old 09-23-16, 06:32 PM
Fast service and repair

I have to say Time-Warner (soon to be Charter (Com-Cast)) has provided excellent service. Cost and program selection not withstanding they seen to be on top of service.

The other day my neighbor had a fence put in. The contractors hit three cables at one time. The Time -Warner, Fios and some other cable I don't remember the name. Anyway, T-W was out and made the repair within the hour. Fios told my neighbor at least a day to get crew out there.

Every time I needed to call T-W for service, be it on-site or over the phone, they have always been there and will spend as much time as necessary to fix the problem.

That same evening, just by coincidence and after they fixed the break, I changed out my cable box. When I reconnected the new box the phone did not work. Spent about 15 minutes on cell phone and they had it fixed. About 1/2 hour later my Internet failed. Spent about 1 1/2 hours with technician on phone to resolve problem. He was very patient and tried every thing possible to get it back on line. Everything works well now. Apparently phone,Internet and TV feeds are separated by frequency but all on one cable and the new box was not properly configured.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-16, 03:04 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I have phone, cable and internet thru the light company. I believe it's all on fiber optic cable although they run 2 cables to the house. I don't know which ones share a cable and which one is separate.

The cable company that services my stepson's house is strange. The cable was in my wife's name but got switched to her son's. They came out one afternoon and physically disconnected the cable and then came back the next morning to reconnect it The only thing that was needed was to change the name on the billing.

Old 09-24-16, 03:27 AM
Group Moderator
Back when I went to dry loop DSL I couldn't disconnect POTS until after I had dry loop according to Bell policy. The tech that came out for the DSL was having trouble finding an open pair. I explained I was planing to have my POTS disconnected as soon as I had DSL. He just smiled and said no problem and disconnected my phone so he had a pair for the DSL. I have to say I have found the Bell/AT&T repair people usually easy to work with.

Old 09-24-16, 04:42 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I have noticed that for the last couple of years T. W. service has been very good. Now if they could get equipment to keep working I would be happy. Have there DVR replaced 3 times in the last year and there new modem is a huge box that takes up our desk space.

Search this Thread