wonders never cease

Old 11-08-17, 12:13 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
wonders never cease

The dead end road I live off of was paved in the spring of 1991. Over the last 8 yrs the county has half patched it twice. Today they are paving the road!! I hope the drizzling rain doesn't affect the new asphalts bond with the old. But hey, we now have new pavement!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-17, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator
I thought you've said in the past, you live in the boonies. The boonies don't have paved roads. Also, the boonies have no street signs, just big dead trees, giant rocks, and half burned old barns.

Old 11-08-17, 02:24 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Before you get to the road problems, did you solve the UPS delivery problem? My suggestion was request a signature so the had to walk to the door.

Old 11-08-17, 02:47 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The boonies don't have paved roads.
There are very few roads in our county that aren't paved. My mountain driveway is better than a quarter mile long, does that count Our street signs are different than anywhere else I've lived. Many just have one name on them - the name of the road you are crossing, not the one you are on.

did you solve the UPS delivery problem
Unless they hire better drivers, there really is no solution. Requiring signature just means they'll only deliver a notice for me to go to town and pick up the package. We didn't get mail delivery today but that is a small price to pay.

Old 11-08-17, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator
When they pave roads by me I am the first to leave my mark... I mean I did it as a kid so why stop.. Bleach helps...lol

Old 11-08-17, 05:25 PM
When they pave roads by me I am the first to leave my mark... I mean I did it as a kid so why stop.. Bleach helps...lol
That's why we can't have nice things!

Old 11-09-17, 03:22 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
15 yrs ago there was a dope head living at the end of the road. He threw a lot of parties. One of his friends was bad to lay down a lot of rubber on our road. I went down to the mailbox one morning and I believe I could have scraped up the rubber with a putty knife. How do they afford to keep tires on their vehicles? I was hard on my first car but it didn't take me long to figure out how expensive hotrodding was!

Old 11-09-17, 07:04 AM
Back in my teens I helped a friend put a 409 in his 57 Chevy, awesome. No idea how long his tires lasted cause he sure could burn them off.

Old 11-09-17, 08:37 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Guess I spoke too soon, while most of the road has been paved, they didn't finish. They stopped several hundred feet short of the bridge. I guess when the sun came out yesterday afternoon they decided it was time to quit. Gotta love the county employees work ethic

Old 11-09-17, 02:12 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Not feeling as good about the completion of our road paving. We went to walmart earlier and came back along the river road that was paved about a month ago. That road is several miles long, the first mile was like new money, then there were spots that could have been better until the new pavement run out although the far end of that road was finish paved.

The paver and roller is still setting on the property next to the creek we have for sale so there is still hope.

Search this Thread