great customer service

Old 03-10-19, 06:34 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
great customer service

Yesterday I broke my Kobalt PVC cutter. I was thinking it had a lifetime warranty but couldn't remember for sure so when I went to Lowes this morning I asked. They said it had a lifetime warranty but they no longer sold them. After a little back and forth along with the girls at the desk checking with other employees they agreed to replace it with a Lenox which retails for twice the price. Great customer service still exists!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-19, 06:43 AM
I like small home town businesses but going that extra mile when they can't bill it back to a supplier means it comes out of their pocket. Customer service is still a good policy but big box stores have much deeper pockets and can use that to keep their clientele happy.

My new generator came from the orange box and they and WM had the exact same models at exactly the same price. Orange box got the sale because I have had outstanding customer service. I guess I can say their name, Home Depot.

Bud

Old 03-10-19, 12:09 PM
Group Moderator
You made out pretty good Mark. Since they didn't have the original to replace it..... they were only supposed to offer your purchase price back.

Old 03-11-19, 03:00 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
That was what they originally tried to do [store credit] but I didn't have a receipt and the tool number was no longer in their system. I wouldn't have been upset if they said there was nothing they could do as I couldn't even remember for sure if the tool had a lifetime warranty. I just figured I'd ask before I bought a new one. We originally agreed on an Irwin but someone bought the last one while they were trying to figure it out so they gave me the Lenox. The Lenox has a release button that will take a little getting used to.